Monday, May 9, 2011

Anymore

you seemed perfect, I couldn't believe
love had finally come to me
I fell for every single word you'd sing
I laughed with you, I talked to you
held your hand and I walked with you
when every word I said was kind and true
I couldn't believe, we could end so soon

I'm gone from you
on a train to Tuscaloo
or maybe runnin' west on Lincoln Avenue
ignore my old dreams
I don't want you here with me
hell, maybe this will open up a door
'cuz I don't need you anymore

so I grabbed your picture and all your notes
everything you ever wrote
a simple match and they were up in smoke
you aren't who you used to be
but that's just what you said to me
now you're nothing more than just another name
and I'm sick and tired of playing this old game

so I'm gone, I'm free
if you look, well, you might see
that your smile doesn't mean anything anymore to me
my heart, just flew
when I thought your words were true
but when I found out who you were, our love tore
but I don't need you anymore

you're not the same
you left me singing in the rain
and all my memories just bring more pain
so so long, goodbye
I don't care if you don't cry
but remember when you come knockin' at my door
I don't need you anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment